You are invited to attend an introductory three hour information session designed for employees who are undertaking an office management role.
The session will provide an opportunity to discuss your office management role with a Ministerial and Parliamentary Services Advice and Support Director.
What will the session cover?
Topics covered in this session include:
- your role as an office manager
- Senators and Members’ budgets
- monthly management reports
- what you’ll need to know about staffing issues
- an overview of your Senator or Member’s work expenses.
This course is available to all MOP(S) Act employees.
All courses offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP) under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 are provided free of charge. However, the costs of any travel by electorate employees may be met from within your employing parliamentarian’s Electorate Support Budget.
Electorate employees of parliamentarians whose electorate offices are outside the greater metropolitan area of capital cities should check their eligibility to use additional trips for training. Employees accessing these trips should clearly mark their Staff Travelling and/or Motor Vehicle Allowance Claim as being for attendance at PDP, to ensure that the costs are not debited against the Electorate Support Budget.
View list of Senators and Members whose employees are eligible for Additional Trips for Training
If you have any questions regarding your travel, please contact IPEA.
- A minimum of four participants is required for each session.
- Participants are requested to register early to ensure a place in the session, as it is limited to 20.
- To register please complete the registration details and click on the 'Submit Registration' button.
- Your registration will be confirmed by email.
- For any enquires regarding the sessions, please email MOPSTraining@finance.gov.au.